Ringhaver Park is located in southwest Jacksonville, extending south from 118th Street, along the western border of the Ortega River. The City acquired the land comprising the park in 1971, 1972, 1996, and 2000. The park is named for Lambert C. Ringhaver (1910-1976), whose family made a memorial donation for the initial park development, which has grown from 36 acres in 1977 to 576 acres in 2003. Mr. Ringhaver was the founder of Ring Power Corp., and served as president of the Florida Forestry Association, as a trustee of Jacksonville University, and as president of the Greater Jacksonville Open for two terms. The multi-use park is home to the Westside Soccer Club and the Ortega Stream Valley nature area, which contains an 826-foot boardwalk along the Ortega River and a pier that may be used for launching kayaks and canoes.
1615-100 County Road 220, Fleming Island, FL 32203 0 mi