Murray Drive Playground is one of four City parks in the Murray Hill section of west Jacksonville. The property was platted in 1910, and the street along the site’s eastern side was originally named Harkisheimer Avenue. William Harkisheimer was one of the developers of the Edgewood subdivision and probably Murray Hill Heights also. In later years, officials changed the street’s name to Murray Drive. The County purchased the land for the park in 1947, and acquired another small portion in 1961. Since Murray Hill’s oldest house was built in 1897, the area has grown to over five thousand homes in 2003. The small neighborhood park provides children’s play equipment and two benches for relaxation, under a canopy of spreading oak trees.
11111 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32223 10.58 mi